Pet Health Certificates

To find the California Health Certificate for interstate and international travel which must be completed by an accredited veterinarian, please click here (verified as of 1/2020):

To find a USDA accredited veterinarian to complete a health certificate for travel, please click here:

If you are considering traveling with your pet, whether it be within the United States or abroad, it is important to be aware of each state and country’s rules and regulations for importation or movement of pets. 

In the United States, the interstate movement of animals requires a pet health certificate.  Furthermore, many  countries and airlines require an official health certificate performed by a USDA accredited veterinarian.  You should contact your veterinarian directly to find out if he/she is accredited.  The process of obtaining the necessary testing or examinations can take days to weeks, so you should plan well in advance to be sure all paperwork is complete prior to your travels. 

To find out more information about individual state and country regulations, airline requirements and fees please go the United States Department of Agriculture’s Animal and Plant Health Inspection Services website by clicking here.

If you wish to find out more information about the state of California’s requirements, please click the following link (