Veterinary Practice Act
The California Veterinary Medicine Practice Act
- Every licensee and registrant should have a copy of the Practice Act. It is the “Bible” of reference for anything you need or want to know. The Practice Act is comprised of many regulation codes including: The Business and Professions Code; the CA Code of Regulations; Health & Safety Code; Penal Code; Code of Federal Regulations, and others.
- There is a wealth of information and links to specific sections of the Practice Act on the VMB website under the “Laws/Regs” menu. http://www.VMB.CA.gov
- The most frequently sought after regulations and guidance for practice reside in the: California Code of Regulations Minimum Standards; Premises; Recordkeeping; Records; VCPR; Anesthesia; Prescriptions; Animal Health Care Tasks Definitions; Duties of Supervision Veterinarian; Tasks for RVT; Tasks for Unregistered Assistants; Dental Operation; Musculoskeletal Manipulation; Euthanasia Training.
Find these via navigation starting at:
- TITLE 16. PROFESSIONAL AND VOCATIONAL REGULATIONS
- DIVISION 20. VETERINARY MEDICAL BOARD
ARTICLE 4. PRACTICE 2030. - 2039.
To purchase a copy of the California Veterinary Medicine Practice Act:
Search: California Veterinary Medicine Practice Act
Cost for 2012 Edition is: $26.00 - includes CD-ROM (windows only)